W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > July 2017

Minutes of the Silver Subgroup Teleconference of 07 Jul 2017

From: Sarah Horton <shorton@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 10:41:00 -0400
Message-Id: <9CF4FEDF-8102-4193-9B88-A436A05F2B83@paciellogroup.com>
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2017/07/07-silver-minutes.html

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                    Silver Task Force Teleconference

07 Jul 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/07-silver-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Jeanne, Sarah, Jan

   Regrets
          Dave, Shawn, Jennison

   Chair
          Jeanne

   Scribe
          Sarah

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Stakeholder opt-in form
         2. [5]researcher check-in
         3. [6]Priorities for July - Aug
         4. [7]Surveys
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: Sarah

   Jan: Met with Scott about IoT project, will have report in Sept
   ... Also got permission to distribute surveys through two
   channels

   <Jan>
   [10]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouGc_nUULJDxTL3X8Td4x8T
   lm2OTLlbxjAfsPhWhEzA/edit#heading=h.a5k3tsw8bp4z

     [10] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouGc_nUULJDxTL3X8Td4x8Tlm2OTLlbxjAfsPhWhEzA/edit#heading=h.a5k3tsw8bp4z

   Jan: Silver can use those channels to distribute surveys
   ... Also has grad students available for EPUB3 and WCAG in
   arabic languages
   ... Nancy is on break
   ... Meeting with Klaus week of 17th
   ... Meeting with Michael week of 17th
   ... Regrets for meetings next week
   ... Has not heard from Bob
   ... Meeting with Tyson today
   ... Scott submitted proposal for cognitive disabilities project
   ... Pulling in project manager to help with projects
   ... Also talking about getting a copy of lit review work to
   Jemma
   ... Lit review for IoT project

   Jeanne: Would like to talk about Silver surveys

   Jan: Scott could help us distribute surveys

Stakeholder opt-in form

   Jeanne: Survey opt-in form to send to stakeholders with update
   letter
   ... Opportunity to explain opting in for communication, opting
   in to be sent surveys, and okay with having W3C have IP for
   their answers

   <jeanne> Any results of the research that are included in the
   standard (e.g. a research conclusion that is directly quoted in
   the resulting standard) drafted by the Silver Task Force are
   subject to the W3C Community Contributor License Agreement
   (CLA). CLA provides people with a place to do pre-standards
   work at W3C. W3C policies ensure that any standards produced by
   W3C can be implemented on a Royalty-Free

   <jeanne> (RF) basis. Therefore, when people collaborate on a
   standard at W3C, they contribute intellectual property (IP). An
   excerpt of the agreement pertaining to copyright:

   <Jan> Researchers and contributors to research acknowledge that
   they are sharing their intellectual property with the W3C for
   free and open use. The W3C will maintain intellectual property
   rights to the collection of research resulting from W3C
   research efforts.

   <Jan> Researchers and contributors to research acknowledge that
   they are sharing their intellectual property with the W3C for
   free and open use for W3C use.

   <jeanne> ACTION: jeanne will send the opt-in form to
   individuals for their comments [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/07-silver-minutes.html#action01]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/07-silver-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-101 - Will send the opt-in form to
   individuals for their comments [on Jeanne F Spellman - due
   2017-07-14].

researcher check-in

Priorities for July - Aug

Surveys

   <jeanne> Jeanne: Since Scott has offered to administer surveys
   for us, so we should consider creating surveys this summer

   <jeanne> Reviewed Sarah's mockup of a survey on the usability
   of individual WCAG SCs

   <jeanne> We agreed to go ahead with it.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: jeanne will send the opt-in form to individuals
   for their comments [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/07-silver-minutes.html#action01]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/07-silver-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]



Sarah Horton
User Experience Strategy Lead
The Paciello Group
www.paciellogroup.com
A VFO™ Company 
www.vfo-group.com
603 252-6052 mobile

This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.


Received on Friday, 7 July 2017 14:41:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:50 UTC