W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > January 2017

Minutes of the Silver Taskforce Teleconference of 27 January 2017

From: Sarah Horton <shorton@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 11:12:10 -0500
Message-Id: <B2F4AFD4-F322-442D-8CE4-641A58AA127C@paciellogroup.com>
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                    Silver Task Force Teleconference

27 Jan 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-irc

Attendees

   Present
          MichaelC, Lauriat, sloandr, scribe, JemmaJaeunKu,
          jeanne, Jan, AWK

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          SarahHorton

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]CHARTER! \o/
         2. [5]Review Researcher responses
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

CHARTER! \o/

   <jeanne> AWK: Charter approved

   <jeanne>
   [8]https://docs.google.com/document/d/19uvFgYuDNQ6HwXNyVZ0V5bBt
   FMvsetUVKoeQVul9b58/edit

      [8] https://docs.google.com/document/d/19uvFgYuDNQ6HwXNyVZ0V5bBtFMvsetUVKoeQVul9b58/edit

   SarahHorton: Review stakeholder follow-up email

   Jeanne: Change the opening to be grab attention

   Michael: Subject line too

   SarahHorton: Will start sending follow-up email today at 12ET

Review Researcher responses

   Dave: Look through topics of interest and timescales and make a
   plan
   ... Also look at what people have noted as materials they have
   available
   ... Tasks that need doing for Silver and researchers that could
   help

   Jeanne: What about research questions:
   [9]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kv04nJLJhqtyZtuT7-0U4iCw
   auy9yM9sRQ0bHkU2wIo/edit?usp=sharing

      [9] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kv04nJLJhqtyZtuT7-0U4iCwauy9yM9sRQ0bHkU2wIo/edit?usp=sharing

   Dave: Survey asks about activities people can participate in,
   need to build on that to identify research questions
   ... Organizing activities, research questions, identifying
   research partners is next step

   <Jan> I am on the call, but I have to go deal with an emergency
   issue with a client. I will be back on focus in a few minutes.
   Sorry ... it's been a morning.

   Shawn: Objective is to get an idea of how the responses fit in
   with overall project plan
   ... Also would be good to get in the direction of dividing up
   the work

   <sloandr> Research activities and researchers:
   [10]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bsqv595CnSzmUa2Tv53
   duudNvn_ExTW6xGx-6_ECM7c/edit#gid=0

     [10] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bsqv595CnSzmUa2Tv53duudNvn_ExTW6xGx-6_ECM7c/edit#gid=0

   Document available to taskforce members due to inclusion of
   contact information

   Dave: Look at activites Silver needs doing, looking at work
   researchers have done, identify who can get involved in doing
   Silver work
   ... Then we can get back to researcher, would you be willing to
   be involved in this type of work in this timesframe

   Jeanne: Amplify list of research questions. Decide where we
   need help.
   ... Depends on what the reseach questions are, which activities
   the taskforce needs to do

   Dave: Possibly also deliverables

   <Jan> Okay - I am back

   Jemma: Explain activities, address overlaps

   Dave: User research and "desk" research
   ... Can be overlaps, e.g., stakeholder interviews might have
   adaptations of WCAG as topic

   Sarah: Taskforce partners should have interest in research
   questions and/or have expertise in activity

   Jan: Do we have enough representation from education in
   researchers and stakeholders?

   Jeanne: In stakeholder roles, do we address education?

   <jeanne>
   [11]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/128vPnCweXN9t4JBG7-A
   OeBhT-KquaWXcCsi3H-f8u94/edit#gid=0 <- Stakeholder Roles

     [11] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/128vPnCweXN9t4JBG7-AOeBhT-KquaWXcCsi3H-f8u94/edit#gid=0

   Jan: K12 and higher education needs more awareness and
   education in accessibility needs

   <jeanne> Teaching Resource Developer

   <jeanne> ... Instructor Trainer

   <jeanne> ... Accessibility specialist/helper/org

   Jan: Can do some outreach into K12 and higher education

   Dave: Will send outreach to AccessLearn

   The outreach is the research partners request and the
   stakeholder submission request

   Jan: Will also reach out to CAST

   <jemma> • McGrath, A., Hollier, S, & Leigh, G. (2016). The
   integration of captioned multimedia and auditory access
   technologies for deaf and hard of hearing students in
   mainstream classrooms. Special Education Perspectives, 25(1),
   18-30.

   <jemma> may this researcher address Jan's concern?

   <scribe> ACTION: Dave will draft follow-up communication to
   research partners [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action01]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Error finding 'Dave'. You can review and register
   nicknames at
   <[13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/users>.

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/users

   <scribe> ACTION: sloandr will draft follow-up communication to
   research partners [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action02]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-57 - Will draft follow-up
   communication to research partners [on David Sloan - due
   2017-02-03].

   <scribe> ACTION: Sarah will add Silver timeline details to
   Researchers and Research Activities sheet [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action03]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-58 - Will add silver timeline details
   to researchers and research activities sheet [on Sarah Horton -
   due 2017-02-03].

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Dave will draft follow-up communication to
   research partners [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sarah will add Silver timeline details to
   Researchers and Research Activities sheet [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: sloandr will draft follow-up communication to
   research partners [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action02]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action01
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action03
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/27-silver-minutes.html#action02

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]



Sarah Horton
UX Strategy Lead
The Paciello Group
603 252-6052 mobile

This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Received on Friday, 27 January 2017 16:12:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:49 UTC