W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > January 2017

Minutes of the Silver Subgroup Teleconference of 24 January 2017

From: Shawn Lauriat <lauriat@google.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:29:52 -0500
Message-ID: <CAGQw2hk38D0-fNtVXoQgG655FABrWUXTHFWWGeGftn-AU+d5fg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                    Silver Task Force Teleconference

24 Jan 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-irc

Attendees

   Present
          MichaelC, jaeunjemmaku, Sarah

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          Lauriat

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Researcher responses review / partitioning
         2. [5]Stakeholder outreach
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Researcher responses review / partitioning

   Researcher sheet:
   [8]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f-7FUfhht8TpOdRKdYYp
   XOt2hxZ6p7oXDOyMWZMLQL0/edit#gid=0

      [8]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f-7FUfhht8TpOdRKdYYpXOt2hxZ6p7oXDOyMWZMLQL0/edit#gid=0

   Researcher survey results:
   [9]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/94845/researcherSurvey201701/
   results

      [9]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/94845/researcherSurvey201701/results

   <Jan> jan.mcsorley@pearson.com

   Jan has particular interest in User Research, Shawn in
   Background Research

   Sarah: We'll evaluate researcher/Silver TF partner based on
   feasibility, interest, and other attributes.

   <scribe> ACTION: Shawn to look into ML analysis of
   article/literature review to see what we can do there.
   [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action01]

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-52 - Look into ml analysis of
   article/literature review to see what we can do there. [on
   Shawn Lauriat - due 2017-01-31].

   <SarahHorton> Silver Project Timeline:
   [11]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yqbKKSDAsQ9KkuXhxa5
   di30CmZHpj4npZMoUDKRhSNU/edit?usp=sharing

     [11]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yqbKKSDAsQ9KkuXhxa5di30CmZHpj4npZMoUDKRhSNU/edit?usp=sharing

   All: Looking at the timeline.

   Shawn: We'll get the project management plan for the research
   projects started next week as a result of the researcher
   allocation and partner mapping.

   Sarah: We should put together a wiki page in order to have
   things for people/researchers to reference, similar to the
   email communications to make overall communication and
   awareness easier.
   ... Along with maybe templates for updates and managing
   communications a bit better and more consistency.

   <scribe> ACTION: Sarah to draw up drafts of more standardized
   communications and such. [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action02]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-53 - Draw up drafts of more
   standardized communications and such. [on Sarah Horton - due
   2017-01-31].

   Sarah: Reminder to all that we need to review the responses on
   our own prior to Friday's meeting so that we can start the
   conversation already largely informed.

   Shawn: +1

Stakeholder outreach

   Open action items:
   [13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/
   open

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

   <scribe> ACTION: Shawn to reach out to Accessibility Meetup
   organizers. [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action03]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-54 - Reach out to accessibility
   meetup organizers. [on Shawn Lauriat - due 2017-01-31].

   <SarahHorton> Communication channels:
   [15]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1faVdA9wWqSvm7j3ZjTD
   63ErymfTwDQ3v6akZt3J7OYY/edit?usp=sharing

     [15]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1faVdA9wWqSvm7j3ZjTD63ErymfTwDQ3v6akZt3J7OYY/edit?usp=sharing

   <scribe> ACTION: Jan to create a communications draft for
   communication channels. [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action04]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-55 - Create a communications draft
   for communication channels. [on Jan McSorley - due 2017-01-31].

   <scribe> ACTION: Jemma to consolidate Silver communications
   paths/contacts [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action05]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-56 - Consolidate silver
   communications paths/contacts [on JaEun Ku - due 2017-01-31].

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Jan to create a communications draft for
   communication channels. [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jemma to consolidate Silver communications
   paths/contacts [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sarah to draw up drafts of more standardized
   communications and such. [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Shawn to look into ML analysis of
   article/literature review to see what we can do there.
   [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Shawn to reach out to Accessibility Meetup
   organizers. [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action03]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action04
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action05
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action02
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action01
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/24-silver-minutes.html#action03

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 24 January 2017 15:30:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:49 UTC