W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > January 2017

Minutes of the Silver TF teleconference of 3 January 2017

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 10:58:47 -0500
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <6976c160-90df-5851-a723-f103145375c2@spellmanconsulting.com>
HTML formatted minutes:

https://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html

Text of Minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

03 Jan 2017

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           JaEunJemmaKu, Sarah, jeanne, Shawn

    Regrets
    Chair
           Shawn, jeanne

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Start the year with a review of the timeline
          2. [5]Review outstanding action items
          3. [6]Start the year with a review of the timeline
          4. [7]How to increase participation in Silver from places
             we need it.
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      * [9]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Start the year with a review of the timeline

    [10]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yqbKKSDAsQ9KkuXhxa5
    di30CmZHpj4npZMoUDKRhSNU/edit#gid=0

      [10] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yqbKKSDAsQ9KkuXhxa5di30CmZHpj4npZMoUDKRhSNU/edit#gid=0

    JS: Stateholder Map: what we need to do to finalize publishing
    the stakeholder map.

    SH: Jeanne has an action item to translate the roles publicly
    ... Shawn has an action to translate the spreadsheet of names
    into the roles.

    JS: We also need to add contextual information about the
    Stakeholder Map and send it to WCAG WG for their information
    and approval.

    <scribe> ACTION: jeanne to work on contextual information for
    Stakeholder Map. [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-23 - Work on contextual information
    for stakeholder map. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-01-10].

Review outstanding action items

    [12]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/
    open

      [12] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

    action-9: jeanne has received names and needs to enter them as
    stakeholders and respond to their emails.

    <trackbot> Notes added to action-9 Cast about for screen reader
    developer names.

    action-11: Remind AWK

    <trackbot> Notes added to action-11 Do outreach to alistapart
    for non-a11y people.

    SH: We have been drafting language and reaching out to poeple
    collecting data from research activities. I was thinking that
    we would also reach out to the research partners for the
    analysis. We want to ask for people to analyize data.
    ... The researchers will know better how to do the analysis. It
    is gated about how we will acknowledge contributions.
    ... It is a two-step process, we want the data when it is
    available. We want their assistance with analyzing the data as
    well, unless it takes too long.

    Jemma: We want to include that language in the research
    expectations section.

Start the year with a review of the timeline

    JS: Now that we are refreshed on action items, let's see where
    we are and what is complete, and what has outstanding of
    outstanding details.

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne will contact AWK and Josh to have
    Silver be on the agenda of 10 January, with the Stakeholder Map
    ready for review by WCAG WG. [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action02]

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-24 - Will contact awk and josh to
    have silver be on the agenda of 10 january, with the
    stakeholder map ready for review by wcag wg. [on Jeanne F
    Spellman - due 2017-01-10].

    JS: Assign Task Force Partners and research out to Faculty.

    SL: David drafted language for contact with the research
    partners. We have people assigned as contacts, but not as
    partners. That will happen after we contact the faculty. The
    language in the timeline is backward.

    JS: We aren't going to be able to start the Design Research
    Survey until 1 Feb, -- the date is wrong. We have to get our
    relationship set up with faculty. It's gated on the Research
    partners work.
    ... Starting the Literature review. Jemma will coordinate
    starting that project. She is will work on figuring out what is
    needed and communicating that back to the Silver TF, so we can
    recruite people to help.

How to increase participation in Silver from places we need it.

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne will reeach out to W3C members who
    informally committed resources to SIlver TF. [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action03]

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-25 - Will reeach out to w3c members
    who informally committed resources to silver tf. [on Jeanne F
    Spellman - due 2017-01-10].

    JS: we need a wiki page with details of how people can
    participate.

    <scribe> ACTION: jeanne will set up the wiki page with details
    of how people can participate. [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action04]

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-26 - Will set up the wiki page with
    details of how people can participate. [on Jeanne F Spellman -
    due 2017-01-10].

    agenda item-5 is postponed to Friday.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: jeanne to work on contextual information for
    Stakeholder Map. [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne will contact AWK and Josh to have Silver
    be on the agenda of 10 January, with the Stakeholder Map ready
    for review by WCAG WG. [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne will reeach out to W3C members who
    informally committed resources to SIlver TF. [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: jeanne will set up the wiki page with details of
    how people can participate. [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action04]

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action01
      [17] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action02
      [18] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action03
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/03-silver-minutes.html#action04

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 3 January 2017 15:59:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:49 UTC