W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > February 2017

minutes of Silver TF meeting of 24 February 2017

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 11:55:57 -0500
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <ca5a1fd7-64f6-a7d3-1df9-2fc8c70bd573@spellmanconsulting.com>
Formatted minutes:

https://www.w3.org/2017/02/24-silver-minutes.html

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: jemma to enter the copyright policy at the top of the wiki 
page for the literature review. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2017/02/24-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Text of minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

24 Feb 2017

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/24-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Sarah, jeanne, shawn, Andrew, Jemma, Jan

    Regrets
           David

    Chair
           Shawn, jeanne

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]update on research partner contacts
          2. [5]check in with research leads
          3. [6]Schedule for next week (CSUN)
          4. [7]check in with research leads
          5. [8]update on research partner contacts
          6. [9]comments on Silver presentations for CSUN?
          7. [10]CSUN networking topics
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      * [12]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <AWK> will be joining in a few

    Sarah: I have reached out to all my partners and am in the
    process of scheduling meetings for next week

    Jemma: I have reached out to my partners and one is scheduled
    for next week. What are we going to say to them? 4

    Sarah: I have said that I want to brainstorm with them about
    topics and the schedule.

    Jeanne: I have reached out to one of mine, and will be meeting
    them at CSUN

    <Lauriat> Update from Dave, part 1: all TF contacts should have
    been copied in on emails sent to their partner researchers

    <Lauriat> Update from Dave, part 2: I’ve arranged calls with a
    couple of my researchers for next week, and will work with them
    to sketch out a plan of activities aimed at addressing research
    questions, and a proposed schedule. Then I’ll bring these
    proposals back to the TF for review. Does that sounds like a
    good model for each of us to follow?

    Shawn: I will be contacting my research partners today.

update on research partner contacts

    [previous converation]

check in with research leads

    Jemma: I have set the admins for Zotaro
    ... I have reached out to reseaerchers who are intereseted in
    literature review and have invited them to Zotaro
    ... I am waiting for Jeanne to introduce me to Andrew Arch
    ... I talked with my copyright librarian and she confirmed that
    we can put "fair use" excerpts in Zotaro, but not full
    documents unless they are public.

    Jeanne: I will email Andrew A right after this call.

Schedule for next week (CSUN)

    Shawn: We will meet on Tuesday but not on Friday

check in with research leads

    Jemma, would AWK like to be part of the Zotaro editors or
    Admins?

    AWK: I would like to know what is happening about it, but I
    don't need to be an editor or admin.

update on research partner contacts

comments on Silver presentations for CSUN?

    Presentation deck <-
    [13]https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YjaxD3qNAUV0dcx485A
    yEpq5RY_WpXgFk27TozDbPM8/edit#slide=id.p

      [13] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YjaxD3qNAUV0dcx485AyEpq5RY_WpXgFk27TozDbPM8/edit#slide=id.p

    <Lauriat> Q&A deck:
    [14]https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1OZKp7GDZqLuQz2vEHAv
    fV14bWeqZQMzmU5SlZ1_NtcM/edit#slide=id.p

      [14] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1OZKp7GDZqLuQz2vEHAvfV14bWeqZQMzmU5SlZ1_NtcM/edit#slide=id.p

    [comments and changes to slide decks]

CSUN networking topics

    Jeanne: What works for me at CSUN is to have a list ofthings
    that we are looking for, so that I can enroll them as I am
    talking to people.

    Shawn: Anyone who isn't a stakeholder should sign up as one.
    ... I also want to get ideas and opinions of people about WCAG.
    ... this could add to the research questions "we forgot this
    whole area"
    ... I think people will have differing opinions "why" and
    "where" of WCAG.

    Jeanne: I think that is really good.
    ... I also want to enroll more people in the Task Force

    Shawn: there is a lot of work needed on 2.1, and I don't want
    to take people away from that

    Jeanne: I don't want to take anyone away from 2.1 work, I want
    to find people who aren't involved in 2.1 that want to help us
    with Silver.
    ... truthfully, I don't want to be doing the detail work on
    Silver. I want to focus on project management, but I can't
    because of all the work that needs to be done getting the
    research going.

    Jemma: One of the research partners wants to join the Task
    Force

    Jeanne: Please give him my email and I'll see what I can do
    ... I will also explore again creating a group for people who
    want to contribute but not join the task force

    <scribe> ACTION: jemma to enter the copyright policy at the top
    of the wiki page for the literature review. [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2017/02/24-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/24-silver-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-67 - Enter the copyright policy at
    the top of the wiki page for the literature review. [on JaEun
    Ku - due 2017-03-03].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: jemma to enter the copyright policy at the top of
    the wiki page for the literature review. [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2017/02/24-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/24-silver-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 24 February 2017 16:57:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:41 UTC