W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > February 2017

Minutes of 31 January 2017 teleconference of Silver Task Force

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:36:04 -0500
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <2e6aecf9-e972-dd16-065e-c4742b343f6d@spellmanconsulting.com>
Formatted minutes in HTML:

https://www.w3.org/2017/01/31-silver-minutes.html


Text of Minutes

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

31 Jan 2017

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/31-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Jeanne, jemma, Lauriet, MichaelC, Sarah, JaEunJemmaKu

    Regrets
           Jan

    Chair
           SV_MEETING_CHAIR

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Work on research questions we want answered
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      * [6]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Work on research questions we want answered

    [7]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_P
    rojects

       [7] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_Projects

    SL: We want to create a list of research questions that we want
    the researchers to address, and the researchers can choose the
    method they want to address it.

    <Lauriat> Draft in the meeting notes:
    [8]https://docs.google.com/document/d/132b4XZFOTQikKAmsRuc4Q_Nv
    uhUqsRzX5JZ3iynKzxg/edit#

       [8] https://docs.google.com/document/d/132b4XZFOTQikKAmsRuc4Q_NvuhUqsRzX5JZ3iynKzxg/edit

    <jemma>
    [9]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_P
    rojects#Literature.2Farticle_review

       [9] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_Projects#Literature.2Farticle_review

    JS: adds question on WCAG conformance

    [10]https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG/#conformance

      [10] https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG/#conformance

    <SarahHorton> Shawn: Research question about platforms

    <SarahHorton> Sarah: Proposes "how might we" construct for
    coming up with research questions

    <SarahHorton> Sarah: Provides framework for making research
    questions

    <SarahHorton> Group works on research questions

    <SarahHorton> Shawn: Adding questions to researcher wiki page

    <SarahHorton> Shawn: Send email with pointer to research
    questions

    <SarahHorton> Shawn: Do researcher follow-up email and after
    that assign taskforce partner

    <SarahHorton> ACTION: sloandr to send follow-up to research
    partners [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/31-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/31-silver-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-59 - Send follow-up to research
    partners [on David Sloan - due 2017-02-07].

    Recap of the Research questions from discussion:

    Research questions to answer

    How might we...

    Make accessibility decision-making process more clear
    (straightforward)

    Make accessibility guidelines more maintainable

    Make accessibility guidelines address all types of disabilities

    Make conforming with guidelines more straightforward

    Make keeping accessibility guidelines current achievable and
    timely

    Make accessibility guidelines that provide needed guidance for
    different roles

    Content

    scribe: What works well in the content of WCAG?
    ... What doesn’t work well in the content of WCAG?
    ... What are the needs people with disabilities who are
    under-served from a standards perspective?
    ... Where do we set the boundaries of what to cover in
    accessibility guidelines? (ex: things managed by platforms,
    assistive tech, etc.)
    ... What platforms should we include in the accessibility
    guidelines?
    ... What should be the scope of accessibility guidelines? (Web
    content, native, platforms, hardware, where do you stop?)

    Structure

    scribe: What works well in the structure of WCAG (for different
    roles using WCAG)?
    ... What doesn’t work well in the structure of WCAG (for
    different roles using WCAG)?
    ... How do we change the conformance model to improve
    accessibility for people with disabilities short-term and
    long-term?
    ... How might we make accessibility guidelines more
    maintainable?
    ... What is the role of assistive technologies in the structure
    of the guidelines?
    ... How to help people select and choose tools for evaluating
    accessibility?
    ... How to help people conceive and create tools for evaluating
    accessibility?
    ... How to help platforms prioritize features that would help
    people with disabilities?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: sloandr to send follow-up to research partners
    [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/31-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/31-silver-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 3 February 2017 14:36:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:49 UTC