Minutes of Silver TF meeting of 8 December 2017

Formatted minutes:

Text of Minutes:


      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                    Silver Task Force Teleconference

08 Dec 2017


          JaeunJemmaKu, Jan, Charles, jeanne, Shawn, Ryan, Jemma,
          Jennison, sloandr




     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Data analysis
         2. [4]Conformance Survey
         3. [5]invitation loose ends
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions

   With small attendance, skipping around the agenda as makes
   sense for those on the call.

Data analysis

   Toward the end of semester, we should get some updates (maybe
   next week) on results.

Conformance Survey

   Conformance survey design had started up, but Dave will work on
   a more formal working draft from here (target next Friday).

invitation loose ends

   I have a facilitator who will join for the design sprint, will
   look for info architect.

   sloandr: Need to have a good summary accessible beforehand in
   order to have everyone basing their participation on the
   results there.

   Imelda: Do we have a link to data?

   sloandr: We have the data in a lot of different areas, but
   we'll pull analysis of results together as we get more of it
   together as well.

   Lauriat: (brought up job stories for stakeholders)

   Charles: I have another idea for sharing ahead of time: "WCAG
   for people who haven't read them"


      [8] https://24ways.org/2017/wcag-for-people-who-havent-read-them/

   Charles: The author also linked to other articles.

   sloandr: Related to another potential research article which
   explored adaptations, looking at whether people removed or
   added anything, or simply rewrote the wording.

   Charles: In this one, he didn't add or remove anything, but
   rewrote the existing success criteria.

   sloandr: Reporting on the WCAG usability survey, I've worked
   for a while now on getting translations of the survey.
   ... The file format for survey monkey has made this difficult,
   but most of the way there.
   ... Hoping to get the rest of the work done so we can start
   getting results in the new year.
   ... Should cover French, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian
   Portuguese, and I think Korean.
   ... I have all of the po files, just a matter of getting the
   glitches sorted out in order to add them to the survey as

   Jemma: On the conformance survey, wondering the state of the
   conformance survey?

   sloandr: Earlier in the call, I took a task to put together to
   more formal draft of the questions for the survey.

   Jan: Going through to help a researcher develop his survey,
   meeting every other week.
   ... Originally tried to get it out before the holidays set in,
   but given the timing, we think we should hold off until January
   to try to get more responses.

   Jemma: I need to touch base on the questionnaire and another
   researcher to check in.

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

Received on Friday, 8 December 2017 15:25:44 UTC