W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > August 2017

Minutes of Silver Teleconference of 1 August

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 10:40:01 -0400
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <77f369fe-b7e4-0563-0f27-330f76353dd9@spellmanconsulting.com>
Minutes in formatted HTML:

https://www.w3.org/2017/08/01-silver-minutes.html


Text of Minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

01 Aug 2017

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/08/01-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Jeanne, Shawn, Jennison, Sarah, JaEunJemmaKu

    Regrets
           jan

    Chair
           Shawn, Jeanne

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Budget
          2. [5]WCAG Usability Survey
          3. [6]Research project sheet review
          4. [7]Open action items
             https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/act
             ions/open review
          5. [8]Future Regrets
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      * [10]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Budget

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Reviewed budget proposal

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Are there other themes?

    <SarahHorton> Jennison: Making it more usable and practical?

    <SarahHorton> Jennison: Include reason why funding must come
    externally

    <SarahHorton> Jennison: How about including request for
    translation?

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: W3C has always done translation with
    organizations that have volunteered

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: We could include it in this budget
    request

    <SarahHorton> Shawn: Let's include it, we might get volunteers
    but it's worth including

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: What languages and what would it cost?

    <SarahHorton> Jennison: For GAAD starting with official
    languages of the UN

    <SarahHorton> Jennison: Could say, intent would be to have
    things translated based on the official languages of the UN

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: And the W3C hosts

    <SarahHorton> Jennison: For the workshop, funding for the
    conference, including disability-related accommodations

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Will reach out to Jennison for details
    about accommodations

    <SarahHorton> Jennison: Expand on incentives with examples,
    e.g., gift cards for people to participate in diary study

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Will have more to review on Friday

WCAG Usability Survey

    <scribe> scribe: jeanne

    Sarah: I have set up the survey in surveymonkey. It is close to
    done and ready for comments from Task Force.
    ... I added to the Intro what we discussed last week about
    accessibility meetups.
    ... Core questions and About You screen
    ... No questions are required
    ... Looking at the options in Survey Monkey, I set up the
    ability to add a comment as a separate question, otherwise, the
    comments are not textareas, and are too small for substantive
    comments.
    ... I will change the last button to Finish.

    Jennison: I would recommend putting a reminder of the
    instructions for the comments

    Sarah: The comments are more of a courtesy to the taker

    Jennison: If we care enough to ask, but don't care enough to
    provide the detail of description, we won't get good data

    [discussion of the format details]

    Shawn: Putting the comments at the end is harder to remember
    what I cared about in the initial questions. Plenty of people
    who know WCAG very well, don't have the numbers and tags
    memorized.

    Jennison: Did Survey Monkey ever fix the problem with focus
    indicator?

    Sarah: It isn't great, but at least they don't block focus
    indication. The code is pretty accessible which is why we use
    it.

Research project sheet review

    Shawn: Pete McNally reported over 100 responses as of last
    Friday

    Jemma: Dr Watenabe research gave us a report on the student
    research a few weeks ago, but we have no new updates.

Open action items
[11]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open
review

      [11] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

    <jemma> [12]https://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/cla/

      [12] https://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/cla/

    <jemma> "The creator wants credit for the work. Make it clear
    who the original creator was and where the work came from."

    Jemma: action-67 - I have talked with the Copyright LIbrarian
    and am waiting for a response. I don't know why we are not
    using the W3C copyight statement?

    Shawn: I think this was a statement just for Zotaro and the
    literature to explain what people can and cannot share in
    Zotaro.

    <jemma>
    [13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Literatur
    e_Review

      [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Literature_Review

    Jemma: I think we could just link to W3C copyright and creative
    commons.

    Jeanne: I think that would confuse the issue, as Shawn said,
    this is the policy for dealing with other people's work, not
    for dealing with W3C work.

    Jemma: I'll talk with the Coptyright Librarian (at her
    university)

    action-67 due 11 August

    <trackbot> Set action-67 Enter the copyright policy at the top
    of the wiki page for the literature review. due date to
    2017-08-11.

Future Regrets

    Jennison will be gone week of 14 and 22

    Shawn regrets for this Friday

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


  
Received on Tuesday, 1 August 2017 14:40:30 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:50 UTC