W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > April 2017

Minutes of the Silver Subgroup Teleconference of 21 Apr 2017

From: Sarah Horton <shorton@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 10:44:43 -0400
Message-Id: <2B9A51F0-158E-4D53-A9E7-541FBBC541CE@paciellogroup.com>
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2017/04/21-silver-minutes.html

                    Silver Task Force Teleconference

21 Apr 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/21-silver-irc

Attendees

   Present
          sloandr, Jennison, Sarah, Jan, Shawn, Jemma, jeanne

   Regrets
          Sukil

   Chair
          jeanne

   Scribe
          Sarah

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]research checking
         2. [5]including literature review in the Community Group
         3. [6]survey questions to be consistent across all
            surveys
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> Scribe: Sarah

   Dave: Provided researcher updates
   ... Surveys, would be interested in helping with stakeholder
   surveys
   ... There are researchers that would serve an advisory role on
   survey design

   Jeanne: Will talk about surveys next week

   Jan: Provided researcher updates

   <jan>
   [9]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouGc_nUULJDxTL3X8Td4x8Tl
   m2OTLlbxjAfsPhWhEzA/edit#heading=h.qv64wjyega4y

      [9] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouGc_nUULJDxTL3X8Td4x8Tlm2OTLlbxjAfsPhWhEzA/edit#heading=h.qv64wjyega4y

   <jan>
   [10]https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_4nqHo0m9E7eXZJeGN
   JeHZOVGM

     [10] https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_4nqHo0m9E7eXZJeGNJeHZOVGM

   Jan: Scott Hollier, teaches course, can survey alumni, also
   interested in interviews, can also apply IoT research to
   questions
   ... Working to refine his "potential research projects" section
   ... Still working on follow-ups with others

   <jan>
   [11]https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_4nqHo0m9E7Qklrd2F
   qQWRVS3c

     [11] https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_4nqHo0m9E7Qklrd2FqQWRVS3c

   Jan: Tyson McMillan project definition underway

   Shawn: As researchers are defining projects, please add to
   project tracker

   Sarah: Pete met with us on Apr 18, has distributed revised
   survey for review

   Jemma: Is working on follow-ups

   <jemma> meeting date with Professor Loicono will be May 9

   <jemma> s/loicono/loiaconon

   <jemma> jemma sent an email to professor Watanbe to share his
   student project for silver TF

   <jemma> including his own research project relevant to Silver
   TF

research checking

including literature review in the Community Group

   Jemma: Sarah set up community group research question posts,
   Jemma added Intro to Literature Review blog post
   ... How can we move on from this, with help of community group

   Sarah: Currently there is no activity on the research question
   posts

   Jeanne: Engage people and get more participation

   Jemma: Need to understand who does what
   ... 1 to 2 research questions bi-weekly

   Shawn: Would keep conversation for each post focused on one
   topic

   Sarah: Need to get people to come to the site and create a
   conversation

   <jeanne>
   [12]https://www.w3.org/community/silver/2017/04/04/discovering-
   silver-forum/

     [12] https://www.w3.org/community/silver/2017/04/04/discovering-silver-forum/

   [13]https://www.w3.org/community/silver/2017/04/04/what-can-we-
   learn-from-wcag-adaptations/

     [13] https://www.w3.org/community/silver/2017/04/04/what-can-we-learn-from-wcag-adaptations/

   Jeanne: We can post comments, tweet, etc

   Jennison: When doing that, explain in tweet that it will help
   with Silver project

   Jeanne: Need help to get the word out, draft communications,
   etc

   Jennison: Sometimes people are reluctant to post, forums
   sometimes have this issue
   ... Make it clear that all comments are welcome

   Jeanne: W3C has a code of conduct that applies to all working
   groups and emails

   <jeanne> [14]https://www.w3.org/Consortium/cepc/

     [14] https://www.w3.org/Consortium/cepc/

   Sarah: We can encourage research partners to participate on
   community group site

   Jemma: Will take role of "publisher" of research questions
   posts
   ... Post research questions to personal Twitter, etc

   Sarah: Will we be posting to community lists? WebAIM, WAI-IG?

   Jeanne: Hold off until Stakeholder email goes out

survey questions to be consistent across all surveys

   Jeanne: Subset of questions (e.g., demographics) that we would
   use in all surveys
   ... What questions would we ask?

   Sarah: Great idea, and get researcher input into those
   questions to make them solid
   ... Dave could share with RQTF

   Jeanne: Let's set up Google doc with key questions

   <jemma>
   [15]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/w
   ork-statement

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/work-statement

   Sarah: Will set up doc, share with task force, and then get
   Dave to share with RQTF, and will also follow up with Pete

   <scribe> chair: Shawn

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

Sarah Horton
UX Strategy Lead
The Paciello Group
603 252-6052 mobile

This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.


Received on Friday, 21 April 2017 14:45:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:41 UTC