W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > November 2016

Minutes of the Silver TF teleconference of 15 November 2016

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 01:05:23 -0500
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>, WCAG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Message-ID: <94b970b3-fddd-e879-a214-b14556d1673e@spellmanconsulting.com>
HTML version of Minutes:
https://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-minutes.html


Text version of minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

15 Nov 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           jeanne

    Regrets
           Shawn, Michael, Dave

    Chair
           jeanne

    Scribe
           Sarah

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]First meeting
          2. [5]update on Stakeholder Submissions
          3. [6]submission form public announcement
          4. [7]preparing for contacting faculty
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      * [9]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <AWK> +AWK

    <SarahHorton> +Sarah

First meeting

    Participants <-
    [10]https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=94845&public=
    1

      [10] https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=94845&public=1

    Email Comments list ->
    [11]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2016Nov/

      [11] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2016Nov/

    Group email list public-silver-admin@w3.org

    Discussion of email list names and comparison

    scribe: with other task forces.

    AWK: The admin list will be more like the WCAG editor's list

    Jeanne: I want the WCAG WG to be able to post to our regular
    list.

    <SarahHorton> scribe: Sarah

update on Stakeholder Submissions

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: 28 responses so far

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Would be good to have on agenda for WCAG
    meeting

    Submission Form
    [12]https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7jxkMzK4HbzK0cyy
    Bnkv3cKFJL_ahIwIcbHao7qOZLyDy-w/viewform

      [12] https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7jxkMzK4HbzK0cyyBnkv3cKFJL_ahIwIcbHao7qOZLyDy-w/viewform

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Need more responses, and more diverse
    representation

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Will discuss today in WCAG WG

submission form public announcement

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Current request went to WCAG WG, now need
    to request input from the public

    Original message that Michael/Judy sent WAI-IG <-
    [13]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2016OctDec/
    0006.html

      [13] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2016OctDec/0006.html

    "The group will also work on requirements and a first draft for
    a new major version update (3.0 version) of accessibility
    guidelines that encompasses the full scopes listed above.
    Issues that cannot be resolved in time for the mid-2018
    publication of WCAG 2.1 are expected to be deferred to later
    versions of WCAG 2 or to the restructured 3.0 guidelines."

    " The current WCAG charter [6] anticipated this refresh and
    indicated a plan to combine content, user agents, and authoring
    tools within a single Working Group (and thus the scope of Web
    Content Accessibility Guidelines, Authoring Tool Accessibility
    Guidelines [7], and User Agent Accessibility Guidelines [8]). "

    <scribe> New SilverTF wiki <-
    [14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Main_Page

      [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Main_Page

    <SarahHorton> ACTION: Jeanne to work on Taskforce wiki
    [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1 - Work on taskforce wiki [on Jeanne
    F Spellman - due 2016-11-22].

    <SarahHorton> ACTION: Sarah to work on public request for
    stakeholder input [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-minutes.html#action02]

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2 - Work on public request for
    stakeholder input [on Sarah Horton - due 2016-11-22].

preparing for contacting faculty

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: David Sloan joining next Tuesday to help
    drafting message to faculty

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Noted that timing is critical, need to
    time to work with academic calendar

    Project Timeline (early draft)
    [17]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yqbKKSDAsQ9KkuXhxa5
    di30CmZHpj4npZMoUDKRhSNU/edit?usp=sharing

      [17] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yqbKKSDAsQ9KkuXhxa5di30CmZHpj4npZMoUDKRhSNU/edit?usp=sharing

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Next meeting focus on contacting faculty
    and getting help with research

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to work on Taskforce wiki [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Sarah to work on public request for stakeholder
    input [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-minutes.html#action02]

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-minutes.html#action01
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-minutes.html#action02

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version
     1.148 ([21]CVS log)
     $Date: 2016/11/15 15:37:28 $
      __________________________________________________________

      [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14
Check for newer version at [22]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

      [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Note/Noted/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jeanne
Found Scribe: Sarah
Present: jeanne

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Regrets: Shawn Michael Dave
Found Date: 15 Nov 2016
Guessing minutes URL: [23]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-minutes.ht
ml
People with action items: jeanne sarah

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/15-silver-minutes.html


    [End of [24]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Tuesday, 15 November 2016 15:45:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:41 UTC