Re: action-18 - revisions to the Research Projects page

I recently had a response from one contact in higher education who indicated that as things stand they would be unlikely to be able to contribute new research. This is due to what they saw as ambiguity over attribution and referencing to contributors of research in published W3C documents.

We’d discussed during last week’s call the importance of impact measurement of research on future research funding in the UK and in other countries. This response is an example of the potential effect of any inability to guarantee attribution of research that directly informs the creation of a standard (which would be considered significant impact of a piece of research).

I think we need to discuss how best we can adjust the Expectation text to allay fears and ensure due attribution is provided where research contributes to the creation of normative or informative documents.

Dave

> On 21 Dec 2016, at 16:42, Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>
> Jemma and I met today to work on clarifying the language in the Expectations section.  Jemma helpfully got feedback from colleagues about the page, so that we had concrete items that needed clarification and rewording.
>
> Please review the new Expectations section and comment if you have additional suggestions.
>
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_Projects#Expectations
>

> jeanne

David Sloan

UX Research Lead
The Paciello Group
dsloan@paciellogroup.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of any portion of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at the above e-mail address, and delete this e-mail along with any attachments. Thank you.