Re: Minutes of the Silver Task Force Teleconference of 6 December 2016

Belated regrets for today’s call. I’d be happy to support any or all of the actions below as needed. Unfortunately I’ll miss tomorrow’s RQTF call, during which there is scheduled to be a discussion on building relationships with the Silver TF.

Dave

> On 6 Dec 2016, at 15:39, Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>
> Formatted minutes:
> https://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
> [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to make an editorial/spelling/punctuation pass of Research Projects page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action03]
> [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to retweet and do some personal outreach for Stakeholder names [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action01]
> [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to start organizing Secondary Research in January. Contact people in W3C and liasons to other standards organizations [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action02]
>
> Text of Minutes:
>    [1]W3C
>
>       [1]
> http://www.w3.org/
>

>                                - DRAFT -
>
>                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

>    See also: [2]IRC log
>
>       [2]
> http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-irc
>

> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           Jeanne, Shawn
>
>    Regrets
>           Sarah
>
>    Scribe
>           jeanne
>
> Contents
>
>      * [3]Topics
>          1. [4]quick review of Stakeholder submission responses
>          2. [5]Research Projects wiki page
>      * [6]Summary of Action Items
>      * [7]Summary of Resolutions
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>    <SarahHorton> Have sent out requests for research partners and
>    updated communication channels spreadsheet accordingly
>
>    <SarahHorton> Also have started sheet with people who have
>    responded, two responses so far!
>
>    <SarahHorton> Cannot post links to sheets because they contain
>    contact information
>

> quick review of Stakeholder submission responses
>
>    JS: 132 responses. (may include duplicates) We have 43
>    accessibility professionals
>
>    SL: I will make a copy of the spreadsheet and start cleaning up
>    the data.
>    ... 19 flagged as Academic
>    ... 24 people with a disability
>    ... 17 disability organizations
>    ... 35 Thought Leaders
>    ... 87 Accessibility professional
>    ... 45 Developer
>    ... 35 Designers
>    ... 21 QA Professional
>    ... 14 Policy makers
>    ... 4 web browser developers
>    ... 1 assistive technology vendors
>    ... 6 authoring tool developers
>    ... We will have to do a sanity check. I can see that many of
>    these names are not categorized correctly.
>    ... many people have multiple listings
>
>   JS: 26 Others
>
>    SL: Quick takeaway: We should do outreach to web browser
>    developers, assistive technology vendors, authoring tool
> [...]

David Sloan

UX Research Lead
The Paciello Group
dsloan@paciellogroup.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of any portion of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at the above e-mail address, and delete this e-mail along with any attachments. Thank you.