Re: Next Draft needs 60 day review time

Review deadlines in our documents are usually not hard deadlines. Even
if we publish another draft, we'd accept comments on a prior one, unless
they really became overcome by events. The deadline is mainly to create
a sense of urgency so people don't take a year to review a draft. I
wouldn't want to be stopped from publishing in 3 months because we set a
3-month review deadline and are still waiting for comments, I'd rather
just take comments as they come in.

The concern over bureaucratic timelines is bigger when we reach the wide
review stage. At that point we should certainly allow at least 3 months
before planning to advance to CR. And the transition to CR triggers
another 60- or 90-day period before we can progress to Rec. So for me, I
prefer to keep 1-month review deadlines in Working Drafts, until we
reach wide review, then extend them.

Michael