Re: SHACL for datasets

Thanks - the catalog is one place to put the shapes info as is the data
itself.

For shapes related to ontologies/vocabularies in an RDF Dataset, with
lots of named graphs, targeting them could be done by using terms from
the name space and have the engine "pull" in the shapes base on use of
the terms.  That's quite rigid - some graphs may be of higher quality,
or be work-in-progress, so always apply shapes isn't what is needed.

     Andy

On 22/07/2019 11:46, Natasa.Varytimou@refinitiv.com wrote:

> In Refinitiv we heavily utilize both dcat and SHACL
>
> DCAT is part of our models in our Metadata Registry where Dataset has
> complete provenance, licencing and rights information and we have its
> Distributions and Distribution Services.
>
> All our models are ontologies with classes which are also node shapes
> and are completely described with SHACL.
>
> The models are stored in Named Graphs in Neptune and will also be
> stored in xdb ( the equivelant) in TopBraid EDG

Translation: xdb is a way of using Apache Jena TDB.