RE: SWUI Workshop at CHI? (was RE: [CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS] CFP CHI 2008: Workshop/Course submissions due 15 June)

Hi all,

Apologies for letting this thread go cold. Ahead of next weeks meeting
(which I won't be able to make, sadly) and with the topic already noted
on the list of potential agenda items it seems time to revive it.

I've added a page to the wiki for suggestions, outline proposals, and
expressions of interest from potential organisers:
<http://www.webscience.org/swuiwiki/index.php?title=SWUI_2008_at_CHI_200
8>
(btw, can we turn on the pretty URLs option in mediawiki?)

Picking up on Avi's response about the title...

Great!

> How about "Human Interaction with and within a Web of socially
evolving Data?"

On the wiki I've suggested "Human Interaction with the Evolving Web of
Data", which I hope captures the Semantic Web angle whilst remaining
open to more Web2.0 topics aswell. My (more detailed) rationale for this
was: 1) brevity, 2) web data is probably evolving in many dimensions of
which social is just one, so lets not restrict ourselves, 3) this form
of words allows multiple interpretations (data on the web is evolving,
plus the "web of data" is evolving). How does this sound to people?

> ps. Let me know if you need any help organizing...

That would be great; please add your name to the "Interested Parties"
list at
<http://www.webscience.org/swuiwiki/index.php?title=SWUI_2008_at_CHI_200
8>

In terms of next actions I would suggest that this topic is discussed
next week in Zurich. If enough people are interested and prepared to
commit to organising/chairing then it sounds like a week of intense
activity to meet the deadline.

What do people think?

Cheers,

Tom.