Re: SWUI Workshop at CHI? (was RE: [CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS] CFP CHI 2008: Workshop/Course submissions due 15 June)

Hi all,

In part to encourage folk not to be shy about posting dramatic changes to
the wiki ;), I've restructured and extended the CHI 2008 wiki page to
evolve toward the actual proposal.

http://www.webscience.org/swuiwiki/index.php?title=SWUI_2008_at_CHI_2008

Most important fact: Deadline is in two week!

Tom, are you the head on this?  I suggest you (or whoever) set up
the core committee: two co-chairs from different institutes *and*
backgrounds, whatever remaining OC CHI workshops tend to have (see
precedents) and recruit some reviewers as well.  Having a list of
committed reviewers on a workshop proposal makes a difference.
I suggest and HCI co-chair and a "Web 3.0" (is Semantic Web, tho
perhaps we should avoid the term (?) ) co-chair.  A good start list
for reviewers to ask is from the previous SWUI workshops, but we should
add more HCI reviewers as well.

We at CWI maintain the http://swui.semanticweb.org/ sub-domain and
server.  We can make a web page at http://swui.semanticweb.org/SWUI2008/
(or pick a path).  The web page could be the static, fixed, "official"
information, and the wiki and workshop sub-wiki could be the social
dynamic complement, evolved to from the current wiki page you
started.  Having the proposal link to a web page that radiates completeness
and "ready to workshop"-iness helps the review process quite a bit.

Thanks for moving this along, Tom.

-Lloyd