Re: SIG at CHI Florence/collective submission and beyond

Hi Douane, PDM,

short introduction:
I am Leo Sauermann from DFKI, I am in the Semantic Desktop community
and W3C's SWEO Interest Group.

I published many things about the semantic desktop and am very active in
community work.
My main goal is to make usable semantic web applications, and the
desktop is the place where we all work (using a browser or not)

me:
http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/~sauermann/

I have submitted a paper at the PIM2008 workshop at CHI and got
accepted,  I will be there.
My role is primarily to connect the Semantic Desktop people with the PIM
people, which is important.
I can present a paper at CHI if you want, anyway I am interested to meet
you there.

I may also contribute/co-author, but not as a leading role.

best
Leo

It was paola.dimaio@gmail.com who said at the right time 03.12.2007
06:41 the following words:
> Douane and all
>
> I have drafted a simple SIG proposal based on bits already discussed,
> that Emmanuelle has approved and signed up to.
>
> At this stage however, I am also not 100 percent sure I can be around
> in Florence, as I have conflicting commitments.
>
> Anyone else interested in proposing this and likely to be at the event
> in question
> please email me offlist, and I ll circulate my notes should you be
> able to add/edit them further and take this forward should I not be
> around
>
> Thanks!
>
> PDM
>
> On Dec 1, 2007 2:53 AM, Duane Degler <ddegler@ipgems.com
> <mailto:ddegler@ipgems.com>> wrote:
>
>     The idea if a SIG sounds interesting, and brings the subject into
>     the main conference programme.
>
>     Hopefully you remain interested in submitting a paper to the
>     workshop - we look forward to a lively discussion and interesting
>     examples! Still 2 weeks to submit (due on Dec 14th). Of course,
>     you can always submit early. ;-)
>
>     Sorry I missed what sounds like good discussions at ISWC07. See
>     you at CHI.
>
>     Duane Degler
>
>     Co-organizer SWUI at CHI
>     http://swui.webscience.org/SWUI2008CHI/
>
>     Sent via BlackBerry

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +49 631 20575-116
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313