Re: DICOM RDF: VR "OB or OW"

Hi Detlef,

Yes, it would prevent us.  I looked through the data elements table
https://dicom.nema.org/medical/dicom/current/output/html/part06.html#table_6-1

and most are singular VR types.  There are quite a few ( US or SS ) but
resolvable with xsd:short and xsd: unsignedShort.
But, we have ChannelMinimumValue and ChannelMaximumValue (for example)
which are both ( OB or OW ).
We wouldn't have a way of figuring out what the original VR type was even
with the ontology as it would be
ambiguous.

Which pushes us back to:

1) ?s dcm:someProperty [ dcm:vr "OW"; dcm:Value ( "
DEADBEEF..."^^xsd:base64Binary ) ] .
or
2) ?s dcm:someProperty ( "DEADBEEF..."^^dcm:OW ) .

Perhaps we use the above as a fall back when there is ambiguity?

   - Erich

Erich Bremer, M.Sc.
Director, Applied Informatics
Department of Biomedical Informatics