COVID-19 clinical data: Webinar on National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C) - 3pm Thur Oct 8 (Boston time)

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 12:23:31 -0400
To: w3c semweb HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Cc: Melissa Haendel <haendel@ohsu.edu>, Chris Chute <chute@jhu.edu>, Guoqian Jiang <jiang.guoqian@mayo.edu>, Harold Solbrig <solbrig@jhu.edu>
FYI, there is an interesting webinar by Melissa Haendel and Christopher
Chute coming up on Thursday, about the N3C, which offers a collection of
COVID-19 clinical data for research.  This could be a gold mine for
research!

The webinar is sponsored by AMIA and requires free advance registration:
https://www.amia.org/education/live-webinars/2020-october-jamia-journal-club-webinar

The N3 database is described here:
https://ncats.nih.gov/n3c

I would be very interested to hear people's thoughts about connecting
the N3C clinical data to the CORD-19 literature database.  One potential
approach might be to extend the CORD-19-on-FHIR work led by Guoqian
Jiang (which I've also helped on), but I'd be interested in hearing
other ideas too:
https://github.com/w3c/hcls/wiki/CORD-19-Semantic-Annotation-Projects#2020-05-19-david-booth-mayo-clinic-consultant-cord-19-on-fhir

Thanks,
David Booth