Re: HL7/W3C: JSON-LD 1.1 @contexts for FHIR/RDF- 11am (Boston) Thursday Nov 21

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 11:04:29PM -0500, Jim McCusker wrote:
> I remember that an issue the last time around was that a lot of property
> names were different depending on the type they were hanging off of.
> Originally contexts weren't going to be able to help that. Has anything
> changed?

I'm not positive I'm answering your question but just in case...

JSON-LD 1.0 is context-free, meaning there is but one declaration for any property.
In JSON-LD 1.1, you can nest @contexts:

# Example @context:
{ "@context": {
  "@version": 1.1,
  "book": "http://book.example/",
  "person": "http://person.example/",

  "id": { "@id": "book:id", "@type": "@id" } ,
  "title": "book:title",
  "author": {

    "@id": "book:author",
    "@context": {
      "name": "person:name" ,
      "title": "person:title"
    } } } }

# Data
{
 "id": "book1",
 "title": "how to write compelling examples",
 "author": {
   "name": "X",
   "title": "Dr"
 }
}

note that there are two uses of "title" which correspond to two
different predicates below:

# Result (Turtle)
[]
  book:id <book1> ;
  book:title "how to write compelling examples" ;
  book:author [
    person:title "Dr" ;
    person:name "X"
  ] .