Re: Invitation to review the health extension in schema.org

Just to give a bit more context, I'm in the process of packaging up a
"release candidate" for schema.org's next release, which will be version
2.3.

The working name for this was sdo-deimos and there is a test build at
http://sdo-deimos.appspot.com - in particular the release notes at
http://sdo-http://deimos.appspot.com/docs/releases.html
<http://sdo-deimos.appspot.com/docs/releases.html> show some (but not yet
all) of the other changes proposed for this release.

The latest of these 'draft release' sites is also always available at the
unstable/testing/upstream site webschemas.org e.g.
http://webschemas.org/docs/releases.html - this serves two purposes: 1.) a
stable test-site domain name that doesn't change with each release 2.) for
hosted extensions such as bib.schema.org, auto.schema.org and now
health-lifesci.* too, the site URL structure more closely follows schema.org,
helping us catch mechanical HTML/linking bugs prior to final publication.

As far as the medical/health schema work I merged yesterday (via
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/pull/11 ) I should also add that we
will start to draw a more careful distinction between
projects/collaborations versus the eventual extension structure on the
schema.org site. In addition to these changes that public-schemed are
focussed on - which evolve the vocabulary in
http://schema.org/docs/meddocs.html - we should also anticipate additional
medical, health and lifescience -related vocabulary living in the
health-lifesci.schema.org "hosted extension". There's a proposal to follow
relating to US healthcare insurance networks, for example, as well as
interest from elsewhere in the lifesciences world. Rather than create a
larger number of similar and overlapping subdomains (health.schema.org,
medical.schema.org, lifesciences.schema.org, etc.) the direction for now is
to have fewer such extensions, even if the different collaborations are
relatively independent.

As far as http://health-lifesci.webschemas.org/ is concerned, I'll work on
improving that homepage as an entry point. It would be very useful at this
time to have sanity checks at the practical level of typos, poor wording,
bad links. Followups in this thread or in Github via
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/pull/11 would be great...

Dan