Re: How do you go about versioning ?

Hi Andrea,
in an earlier attempt to design and launch a Metadata Registry for clinical
trial data, called Clinical Reference Library1 ). To capture and manage
descriptions of versions of clinical trial data standards, and of variants
of actual clinical trial datasets, we applied the software pattern called
Facade 2). We used it to manage variants of metadata items on different
gramualrity (e.g. data element, value domain, datasets) within a shared
facade. It required a strong configuration management approach and hence an
standard enginering approach similar as to software engineering.

Cheers
Kerstin

1)
http://www.slideshare.net/kerfors/designing-and-launching-the-clinical-reference-library
(slide 2 highlights the Realities of clinical trials data: the variances,
changes, diversities and gaps)
2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facade_pattern