Re: [void-discussion] Representing dataset statistics

On Wednesday 29. January 2014 20.48.15 Michel Dumontier wrote:
> one way to understand the contents of a dataset is to determine the
> connectivity between the different elements of the data. One such way is to
> indicate what object properties or what datatype properties are linked to
> the types. another way is to show show different types are connected to one
> another (and which relation is used to connect them).  from this you can
> list them in tables or develop graphical overviews.

Right! I'm not the one who needs to be convinced, nor are the IG members, I
suspect. :-) The audience that need to be convinced the random publishers of
lifesci data, but they have a cost-benefit analysis to make, and for things as
heavy as this, you need to be very, very convincing about the benefits, the
costs are likely to be quite apparent.

Kjetil