返: owl:sameAs - Harmful to provenance?

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Jim McCusker <mccusj@rpi.edu> wrote:

>  On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us> wrote:
>>
>>   That "option" is already available, if you use owl:sameAs
>> correctly (and do not confuse information about some thing with
>> meta-information about that information. The meta-information is not about
>> the thing.
>
>  If only owl:sameAs were used correctly...
>
> One thing to note is that provenance is for more than data. The issues I
> discuss in that presentation (and the following papers) are more about
> entity provenance than data provenance.

I think focusing on owl:sameAs misses the point. Shouldn't it be
"OWL reasoning (on dirty data) considered harmful". Similar problem
will arise from incorrect use of owl:InverseFunctionalProperty and owl:hasKey.
Perhaps we should add a new property prov:ApproximatelyInverseFunctionalProperty
in order to avoid problems here as well?

Tore

<> dc:creator [
   foaf:name "Tore Eriksson",
             "トーレ エリクソン"@jp;
   foaf:mbox_sha1sum "08445a31a78661b5c746feff39a9db6e4e2cc5cf";
   foaf:workplaceHomepage <http://www.taisho.co.jp/> ].