From: Jim McCusker [mailto:james.mccusker@yale.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:43 PM
To: Bob Futrelle
Cc: Rafael Richards; Oliver Ruebenacker; David Booth;
<public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Subject: Re: owl:sameAs - Harmful to provenance?

Which is why PROV exists. Now we have a floor to work from. I've already
integrated it into a number of projects.

Jim

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Bob Futrelle <bob.futrelle@gmail.com>
wrote:

Provenance techniques/tools/systems are nowhere near what they could to
be.

Each provenance system or "standard" ends up being unique so the
information is not inter-operative.

One example among the many: http://openprovenance.org/

These days, I'm more focused on NLP than serious knowledge systems.

But I find that logging and versioning can allow me generate provenance
graphs

if I really need them.  Often a shift in design is enough to blur
earlier designs

that did have some good ideas that shouldn't be lost.

 - Bob Futrelle

   BioNLP.org

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Rafael Richards