Re: owl:sameAs - Is it used in a right way?

On 03/17/2013 11:11 AM, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>       Hello,
>
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Umutcan ŞİMŞEK <s.umutcan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My question is, does LODD use owl:sameAs properly? For instance, are those
>> two resources, dbpedia:Metamizole and drugbank:DB04817 (code for
>> Metamizole), really identical? Or am I getting the word "property" in the
>> paper wrong?
>
>    Do we mean metamizole in acid form, or metamizole in anion form, or
> metamizole sodium? Or some combination of some of the above?

Excellent example!  The definition may be intentionally loose, to
encompass both.  But one person's graph, using that definition, may make
assertions that assume acid form, while another person's graph may
assume anion form.  Individually, their graphs will be consistent with
the definition, but their graphs become inconsistent when merged.

David