Re: owl:sameAs - Is it used in a right way?

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:

> On 03/16/2013 12:37 PM, Jim McCusker wrote:
>
>> I'm not terribly interested in a Humpty Dumpty interpretation of the web
>> of data.
>>

> Well, you'd better get used to it, because that interpretation is standard
> RDF Semantics.  I don't think it's going away any time soon.

Perhaps the spec will get aligned with the real world before it gets widely
adopted.

> That's part of the motivation for having global identifiers
>
>> like URIs/URLs.
>>

> Exactly!  That's why the idea that "a URI identifies one resource" is "a
> good goal, and helpful as a guide to URI users", even though it is not
> actually true.

So a URI is basically the same thing as a blank node label in RDF?  Why all
the whinging about making URIs dereferenceable? If you dereference
http://rdf.freebase.com/ns/en.boston can I send you triples about Aerosmith
instead?  Can I sometimes send you information about the band and sometimes
the city depending on what I think the context is?

And people wonder why it's taking decades for this stuff to get any
traction!

Tom