Re: Facebook's new Graph Search: An endorsement of the RDF approach to healthcare data?

Hi,

RDF/Triplestores and Neo4J can both be used as technologies to represent graph structures (like p-p interactions). Neo4J may offer a slightly more natural representation of edge attributes for some, but otherwise they both can "hold graphs".
Than they are different tools.
If you go for queries, I think RDF/Triplestores have a edge. They are naturally the technology to use if you want to make queries that span different web-distributed resources. But even to query your own dataset, SPARQL is pretty rich, and I guess more likely optimized for triplestore than as a front-end to Neo4J (though that'ps a guess).
However, if you are into graph analysis, you may want to do lots of simple calls to the graph (I'm thinking about some path analysis). Here sparql is too heavy. It can be that some triplestore offer some native interfaces to graphs, but I think Neo4J has an advantage in this case (it's more focused, less overhead).

Another thing to consider, last time I had a look at Neo4J I think it was limited to 4B nodes, on a single instance machine.

best,
Abdrea