Re: health care schema

On 4 December 2013 22:27, Bradley, Lily (HHS/ASPE) <Lily.Bradley@hhs.gov> wrote:
> I work on open data at the US Department of Health and Human Services.
>
> Are there schema/linked data efforts that could help us markup HHS data
> better? Beyond, medical/biomedical/drugs, for instance, HHS statistical
> data?

Hi. I work for Google on the schema.org project, which defines a
collection of schemas for widespread Web use. Last year we added
medical/health schemas,
http://blog.schema.org/2012/06/health-and-medical-vocabulary-for.html
http://schema.org/docs/meddocs.html and I'm currently collecting
information on where we might go next in that area. On the statistical
data front, we also recently added a 'Dataset' schema, see
http://blog.schema.org/2012/07/describing-datasets-with-schemaorg.html
http://schema.org/Dataset http://datasets.schema-labs.appspot.com as
well as more recently some additions for describing various Civic
Services - http://blog.schema.org/2013/08/vocabulary-for-describing-civic-services.html
... perhaps these touch on some of your use cases?

Dan