Re: Meeting minutes: Clinical Pharmacogenomics Teleconference

Joanne, Matthias and all,

As you know may know, Mayo Clinic is one of the NIH designated Pharmacogenomics Research Network (PGRN) site, and pharmacogenomics of Major Depressive Disorder is one of the main focus. Our team has made significant progress in developing EHR-based treatment response algorithms for SSRIs, and are currently moving towards replicating the GWAS hits from prior efforts including STAR*D. Hopefully, along this path, we may find novel hits too. Additionally, we are looking at several issues about bidirectionally between depression and other chronic illnesses, and co-therapy management.

While I could not participate in today's meeting due to travel, I hope prior and on-going efforts in this field are taken into consideration.

http://mayoresearch.mayo.edu/mayo/research/ppii/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23324805
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22907730

Cheers,
Jyoti

Jyotishman Pathak, PhD
Associate Professor of Medical Informatics
Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics
Department of Health Sciences Research
Mayo Clinic
200 1st Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905
Phone: +1-507-538-8384