RE: Expression RDF note

hi all,

my further take on this.  others who've been working on this, please pipe
in if you have a different take or i've gotten something wrong.

gene expression (the microarray and NGS version of it) was chosen
originally because the group had expertise in it and there was a desire to
pick one (yes, one) -omics as an example of how to translate an experiment
in that -omic into RDF.  not surprisingly, with the popularity of gene
expression through out the noughties, there were actually already a few
efforts for creating the RDF so the paper that the note is based on became
focused on how three of these variants could be reconciled with each
other, choosing one of them to be canonical.

obviously it is an excellent idea to start RDFizing various different
-omics but i think we should let that be future work and wrap up this
note.  i think that the focus on producing RDF for a  single -omic that is
very familiar and ubiquitous is great and that it shows that multiple RDF
representations can be resolved with each other makes an excellent example
how future work can extend converting multiple -omics into RDF.  let's not
extend the scope of an already focused piece, let's finish up what we have
then move on to newer and brighter -omics to come.

cheers,
michael

Michael Miller
Software Engineer