Re: HCLS introduction - Michel Dumontier

Hi All,

It was nice to join the meeting and get the overview about various
activities in HCLS groups. I would like to take this opportunity to
introduce myself.
* *
I am Ashutosh Jadhav, PhD student at Kno.e.sis center and Prof.Amit Sheth
is my adviser. I have been working on addressing information overload and
challenges in finding insights from data shared on social network. I worked
with social group at Kno.e.sis, to develop a social web application,
Twitris (http://twitris.knoesis.org) for multi-faceted analysis of social
signals to provide insights and a framework for situational awareness, in-depth
event analysis and coordination, emergency response aid.

Currently, my interest is in social health informatics : meaningfully
processing social health data (shared on twitter, health blogs, health
question-answer forums). I am particularly interested in how, well
structured knowledge in healthcare (in terms of ontologies, LOD) can be
used for finding useful information and insights (useful for patients) from
social health data (disease related data) shared on social network.

Although I got brief overview about different task forums at HCLS, I am not
very clear which task group will be most appropriate for my work. So it
will be great if you can guide me to appropriate group in HCLS suitable to
my interest.

Thanks!
Best regards,
Ashu