Google Summer of Code 2012 - visualizing semantic data landscapes using cytoscape

[Many apologies for cross-posting]

Dear all,

The National Resource for Network Biology has put together an exciting
list of ideas for google summer of code projects, a few of which are
semantic-web-oriented (http://nrnb.org/gsoc/); I will be co-mentoring
Idea #5 on Visualizing Semantic Data Landscapes using Cytoscape
(http://pinscher.ucsf.edu/cgi-bin/ideas.pl#Heading5).

The google summer of code project is an initiative by google where
participants (usually students) get paid to write code during the
summer. From the GSoC website, the typical profile for applicants is as
follows: " A student participant in GSoC is typically a college or
university student; the only academic requirement is that the accepted
applicants be enrolled in an accredited academic institution. Students
must be at least 18 years of age to participate. Students come from a
variety of academic backgrounds, and though most students are enrolled
in a Computer Science program there is no requirement that they be
studying CS. Past students have come from disciplines as varied as
Ecology, Medicine, and Music."

If you fit this profile (or know someone who does), please consider
applying/forwarding!
For more details, please see Alexander's email below. Application
details available at http://nrnb.org/gsoc/

Kind regards,
Helena