Re: Accession Numbers - Linking Strategies

Hi Tony,
  The complete list of Bio2RDF namespaces is at freebase:

http://www.freebase.com/view/base/bio2rdf/bm/-/base/bio2rdf

Please note that we have submitted our list of datasets and namespaces to
http://identifiers.org, and we are awaiting their incorporation into the
MIRIAM registry. You can submit individual datasets at identifiers.org, if
you need to :)

Best,

m.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Hammond, Tony <t.hammond@nature.com> wrote:

>  Hi:
>
> This is probably a very simplistic question but I was wondering if there
> were any best practices for linking based on accession numbers for RDF
> documents. There seem to be different service based type mechanisms for
> each individual registry which may not provide the most stable means of
> linking. Correspondingly using lingua francas such as Bio2RDF namespacing
> [1] can also be problematic in that not all the namespaces of interest
> appear to be represented – and these also (as I understand it) provide no
> guarantee for dereference but rather a common URI template.
>
> So just what is the best policy for linking accession numbers? Or should
> one avoid this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony
>

> [1]
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/bio2rdf/index.php?title=Namespace

> DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone
> who is
> not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in
> error
> please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other
> storage
> mechanism. Neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents
> accept
> liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and
> not
> expressly made on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Limited or one of its
> agents.
> Please note that neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents
> accept any responsibility for viruses that may be contained in this e-mail
> or
> its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and
> attachments (if any). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Macmillan
> Publishers Limited or its agents by means of e-mail communication.
> Macmillan
> Publishers Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number
> 785998
> Registered Office Brunel Road, Houndmills, Basingstoke RG21 6XS

Michel Dumontier
Associate Professor of Bioinformatics, Carleton University
http://dumontierlab.com