Re: rxnorm mappings in LinkedSPLs

On 07/06/2012 11:10 AM, Lin MD, Simon wrote:

> It would be interesting to see a link from the drugs to genes for DNA
> testing on the FDA label:
>
> http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ScienceResearch/ResearchAreas/Pharmacogenetics/ucm083378.htm

This interest has been expressed by some of my colleagues here at Pitt
as well. Looking at the webpage, it looks like the drug column uses UNII
preferred terms and the label sections use standard syntax. Not sure
what is used for the string names in the biomarker and therapeutic area
columns but they look easy to map - can someone hazard a guess? Once we
know that, I could script a database table from the html table  of
ucm083378.htm and create mappings to the referenced sections in
LinkedSPL for drug products containing the active moieties listed in the
Drug column. Would interested folks please provide a use case that I
will use along with the use case for my colleagues to make the mapping
immediately useful?

best,
-Rich