Re: DrugBank not available?

Hi Frans,
[now CCing a few people who might have something helpful to add]

I asked around recently and heard from Matthias Samwald that Chris Bizer
(his group ran the project at fu-berlin.de) had moved to Mannheim. There is
also a redirect to Mannheim but the entries at the Datahub and in our Wiki
haven't been updated. Anja started working at DERI sometime in the last
year. I'm CCing both just in case they can tell us more.

As far as the W3C HCLS wiki goes, we have been advocating a more
decentralized approach to Linked Data /  RDF publishing in which you could,
for example, have many copies of DrugBank (I am personally aware of
several) with some aspects of variation described in the description of the
dataset (which HCLS advocates adding as a set of self-describing triples to
the graph itself with the graphURI as the subject). With a modicum of
standardization, such metadata could be indexed by something like Sindice,
rather than all RDF publishers having to go to a central registry such as
the Datahub or our HCLS wiki pages. See
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/hcls/notes/hcls-rdf-guide/ for some details.

Chris - What do you think that we should do to ease the transition from
Berlin to Mannheim? How should we change the wiki and datahub entries? Or
should we?

Cheers,
Scott

--