Re: Fwd: [bioportal-announce] BioPortal 3.7 Released

On 4/13/12 4:38 PM, Michel Dumontier wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>   Ya, at the NCBO hackathon i tried a variety of tools with the NCBO
> SPARQL endpoint, and the addition of the api_key=x parameter in the
> SPARQL URL wasn't always welcome (e.g. Relfinder would automatically
> append a '?' to whatever you put as a URL), but others like SILK
> either accept the extended URL or have an explicit parameter field.
>   So, with the webid - do you have examples where this can be used
> programmatically (e.g. with a perl/java/php script)? You see, there's
> no need for the apikey if you use their interface.

A WebID will challenge you to present an X.509 certificate that holds
your personal URI in its SAN, re. human driving browser making SPARQL
calls.

Via cURL you simply use a .pem file in your call, that's it.

The above applies all the time, the SPARQL calls are just over HTTPS as
opposed to HTTP. 100% unobtrusive, webby, and follow-your-nose friendly :-)

Kingsley