Re: data quality

The SPIN syntax is quite abstract at first glance, but the ability to
extend SPARQL is very interesting. There are other open source tools
such as R2R [1] and the Bio2RDF library which I maintain, QueryAll
[2], that may be a little easier to model data quality normalisation
rules using, IMO, especially using SPARQL 1.1. QueryAll models some of
the other data quality considerations, such as the query replication
part of provenance and dataset trust as well. Having said that, all
three provider RDF serialised rules, so they are easy to transport in
that respect.

The basic model for QueryAll is published at [4] and anyone is free to
fork the software on Github and send back pull requests with
improvements. In particular, new rule implementations would be
appreciated to extend the repertoire.

The Bio2RDF webapp normalisation rules give some examples of the way
QueryAll can be used. In Bio2RDF we have been mostly concerned with
URI transformations to get consistent URIs. The 3
base-bio2rdf-rdfrules-* config files in [3] may be useful for
examples, particularly the SPARQL rules that are similar to what R2R
and SPIN provider.

Peter

[1] http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/r2r/spec/
[2] https://github.com/ansell/queryall/tree/develop/queryall-api/src/main/java/org/queryall/api/rdfrule