Re: BioRDF telcon on Monday (today) at 11AM EDT / 5PM CET

Hi All,

Apologies, yesterday was a National Holiday in the UK which I had
forgotten about. I would like to quickly update you on what we are doing
though and also to manage expectations a little. Firstly, although I
would like to see more of our data in RDF there is no internal mandate
for this as of yet. It is possible this will shift in the near future,
but  what Tomasz and I are trying to do is really find an hour here and
there to do the transform. So we are looking at ways to this via a path
of least resistance. The way we are currently trying is via a transform
on the XML results using XSLT and the model I presented to the group
several weeks back. I'm hoping we'll have a prototype in the next week
or so but really I can't promise. Rest assured, I will let you know as
soon as we have anything worthwhile but I wanted to manage what people
expect so as not to disappoint. Our recent efforts to get funding to do
this in a more dedicated manner were not successful so it's very much as
we get some spare time (which is not a lot!). So it's not that we're not
interested, indeed the opposite is true, it's just funding dictates
other priorities at the moment. But we're trying.

Cheers,

James

--
European Bioinformatics Institute,