Re: Minimum information about a mutation

Hi Jim,

We've been talking about this in the TM calls. Maybe you could join us.

I think that Chris had it pegged:
http://www.hgvs.org/mutnomen/recs.html

Note specific recommendations such as to use a Locus Reference Genomic
sequence (LRG).
There are also some discussions on the HGVS web site.

There is a recent article (May 2011) in Human Mutation from Taschner
and den Dunnen:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/humu.21427/abstract
which properly explains 'nesting' - something I was trying in vain to
describe to colleagues on a TM call after a conversation with Peter
Taschner about modeling SNPs.

Cheers,
Scott

>>> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18000842