Re: HCLS Mission Statement

Hi Helena
I made a further suggestion that has some minor rewording and an
extension to address adoption of semantic technologies in HCLS.
Of course what I have written is open to comment and revisons.
Chris

The mission of the W3C Health Care and Life Science Work Group is to
1) Facilitate the resolution of semantic data integration problems in
the domains of health care and life sciences;
2) Support involvement and education of non-technical HCLS domain
experts through outreach activities including low-level demos,
workshops and publications in peer-reviewed journals and conferences;
3) Propose and develop interoperability standards applicable to the
domains of health care and life sciences;
4) Identify and characterize barriers to adoption of semantic
technologies in the domains of health care and life sciences;

--
Christopher J. O. Baker Ph. D.
Associate Professor