Re: New Member Interested in HCLS

Dear Iker and Alberto,

Thank you for joining us and especially for bringing these ideas to
hospitals. I have taken a peek at your demonstration URLs and it looks
very nice - very much in line with our interests. I look forward to
hearing more about it in the Translational Medicine call.

As you have noticed, our group as a whole is interested in furthering
the aims of medicine with technology demonstrations that show how the
goals of translational medicine and personalized medicine can be more
easily reached when using linked data and shared vocabularies.

I will attempt to *briefly* summarize what the currently active task
forces are doing:

Scientific Discourse - planning a demonstration of linking literature
to experiments
BioRDF - working on a W3C note for expression RDF
Linked Open Drug Data (LODD) - working on a W3C note for emerging best
practices in life sciences RDF / linked data
Translational Medicine - pharmacogenomics modeling, biomarkers
Terminology - using an RDF representation of clinical reports from
radiology and pathology to alert clinicians to discrepancies

To those in the task forces: Feel free to add to my very rough
descriptions above.

I look forward to speaking with you in the TM call.

Cheers,
Scott

--
M. Scott Marshall, W3C HCLS IG co-chair, http://www.w3.org/blog/hcls