Re: Lightweight RDF/OWL library for Java?

     Hello Jim, All,

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Jim McCusker <james.mccusker@yale.edu> wrote:
> Smaller and simpler in which respect? Code size, API compexity, memory
> overhead, something else?

  Mostly we are looking for a small library (code). Small API is a
plus (and tends to come with small code anyway).

  Strongly preferred is a library that works with JDOM, because our
project already uses that.

  Jena is very powerful and very large. I think with all supporting
libraries it adds up to something like 10MB, if I remember correctly.
Part of its complexity is comes from its layered structure. Main
classes of the API such as Resource, Statement and Model wrap around
other classes (Node, Triple and Graph). A Resource links to a Model
which can be convenient but also very confusing if you have multiple
models, so I could gladly do without that.

  Thanks!

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
Systems Biology Linker at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/sybil)