Re: My task from last week: Semantic free identifiers

On Monday, June 20, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Andrea Splendiani wrote:
Hi,
> sorry to jump on this thread like this...
>
> To be honest, I'm kind of concerned by the insistence on semantic-opaque
> identifiers.
I am as well and I have been for some time.
> I understand the reason for them,

Actually, I would be interested in hearing the reason for them enumerated, because I have had a hard time imagining what could possibly offset the (significant) impact on readability that it has on biomedical ontologies. The barrier is already high for non-logicians and non-semantic web aficionados to use biomedical ontologies. Why set it any higher?

-- Chime