Re: URI for MeSH

Helena,

As you can see there are many options for MeSH but no official version.
Another option is to use the SPARQL endpoint maintained by Stony Brook
University Department of Medical Informatics for the public sources of
the UMLS that have been converted to RDF. As MeSH is part of the UMLS
you also get the ability to link to other vocabulary sources like NCIt.

http://link.informatics.sunysb.edu/sparql/

You could potentially use a URI to the normalized version of the MeSH
Header (a URI to UMLS CUI (Concept Unique Identifier)

SELECT ?aui ?cui WHERE
{ ?aui rdfs:label "Neoplasms" .
   ?aui <http://link.informatics.stonybrook.edu/umls/hasSAB>
<http://link.informatics.stonybrook.edu/umls/SAB/MSH> .
   ?aui <http://link.informatics.stonybrook.edu/umls/hasTermType>
<http://link.informatics.stonybrook.edu/umls/TTY/MH> .
   ?aui <http://link.informatics.stonybrook.edu/umls/hasCUI> ?cui
  }

Running the above query gives the following result.

aui     cui
http://link.informatics.stonybrook.edu/umls/AUI/A0090941
http://link.informatics.stonybrook.edu/umls/CUI/C0027651

Note: the above links in the result set can be browsed interactively
from a web browser.

I can only hypothesize that Bioportal issue might be related to the
D058885 (Multilocus Sequence Typing)  being a term newly introduced to
the 2011 version of MeSH.  FYI, UMLS version that is being hosted here
does not contain D058885 the term because it is the 2010 version. See
http://link.informatics.stonybrook.edu/umls/SAB/MSH for metadata about
the MeSH source currently being hosted.

-Janos