Re: updating SIDER LODD

Hi Peter,

Indeed the owl:sameAs relationship is not bidirectional. There are fewer
SIDER drugs map to DrugBank drugs because (1) the more regularly updated
DrugBank doesn't have an equivalent drug in SIDER (last update was in 2009,
so this is an issue with currency), and (2) even if a sameAs relation is
defined in the data graph, for some reason, the expected resulting graph
isn't generated.

For case #2 above, the query pulls a sider drug first and then assert the
sameAs relation with a drugbank drug. This results in the following graph
where the sider entries that are not correctly mapped to their equivalent
drugbank drug even though (if you actually click on the link and view the
sider drug's property) there exists a sameAs relationship in the data graph.

 125889 <http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/sider/resource/drugs/125889>

 147912 <http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/sider/resource/drugs/147912>

  222786 <http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/sider/resource/drugs/222786>

How prominent is this problem with the LODD dataset?

Thanks!
Paul

PS: The sparql query is listed below...
PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>