Re: HCLS Scientific Discourse concall, Autumn 2010 planning session

  Towards the end of today's telecon, Scott started talking about
accessing and linking data obtained by text mining and published via
SPARQL endpoints.  This will undoubtedly become a larger and larger part
of research activities

    - see our initial attempts with /Drosophila /gene expression data at
    http://openflydata.org/, described in

        Miles et al. (2010). OpenFlyData: An exemplar data web
        integrating gene expression data on the fruit fly /Drosophila
        melanogaster/. J. Biomedical Informatics 43 (5).
        http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2010.04.004.

Since such publications are clearly distinct from any future "journal
article", I thus support the idea of addressing such activities under a
separate agenda item.

David

--

Dr David Shotton david.shotton@zoo.ox.ac.uk
<mailto:mailto:david.shotton@zoo.ox.ac.uk>

Image Bioinformatics Research Group http://ibrg.zoo.ox.ac.uk
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford                  tel:
+44-(0)1865-271193
South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PS, UK                    fax:
+44-(0)1865-310447