Re: [BioRDF] Comments from Christoph Grabmuller - annotation tool/ontology

Hi Christoph,

on the topic of annotation tool...

On 09/11/2010 10:09, Christoph Grabmuller wrote:
> 3) I like the Excel to RDF converter, but it relies on the user
>> entering correct namespaces, names and database ids from various
>> places in a syntactically correct way. This requires knowledge of the
>> correct databases to choose and the 'correct' uri (many variants to
>> chose from).
>> If people just enter strings we are not all that far away from MAGE-TAB.
>>
>> * i'm involved in an open source project, Annotare, that seeks to put a nice
>> UI on top of creating MAGE-TAB documents for a bench scientist.  part of
>> that is use of the NCBO tools to make it easy for the creator of the
>> document to go fetch the appropriate term from the appropriate
>> onotlogy/vocabulary.  version one has support for EFO built-in, one of the
>> main goals for version 2 is to make this much easier and much broader.
>> --mm
> That looks like a very useful tool. Out of curiosity: how are the
> ontologies/vocabularies loaded?
> -cg

there is another set of annotation tools, ISA tools, that already
support a variety of ontologies; these are accessed dynamically via
BioPortal and OLS web services.
The tools convert into MAGE-Tab, but also Pride-XML and SRA-XML (SOFT is
ongoing) and we have just start working with HCLS-SD subgroup (Sudeshna
Das) to export in RDF.
Info and papers at: www.isa-tools.org; let me know if you intersted, can
provide you with more info.

Thanks,
Susanna

Susanna-Assunta Sansone, PhD
Team Leader

Projects: www.isa-tools.org|www.mibbi.org|www.biosharing.org

University of Oxford		Tel: +44(0)1865 610622
Oxford e-Research Center	Fax: +44(0)1865 610612
7 Keble Road, Oxford		skype: susanna-a.sansone
OX1 3QG, UK			uk.linkedin.com/in/sasansone