Re: NYT Rare Sharing of Data Leads to Progress on Alzheimer’s Published: August 12, 2010

I read this article with great pleasure yesterday and immediately planned to
blog about it on http://www.w3.org/blog/hcls. It is actually shocking that
such an article comes as a revelation but good news nonetheless. How can we
discover new (or old) knowledge from data integration if we have no access
to the data?

The goals of knowledge sharing are inherently essential to the goals of
translational medicine, especially when you use translational medicine to
refer to data integration across disciplines. You can get much more out of
your data if you share it. Once you decide to share it, you will find that
Semantic Web practices will make it much more accessible and 'shareable'.
Please spread the word so that we can get on with the science!

-Scott

--
M. Scott Marshall, W3C HCLS IG co-chair
http://staff.science.uva.nl/~marshall