Re: BioRDF Telcon

One of my action items following the call was to circulate a link to a
text-ontology mapping application

https://sourceforge.net/projects/efo/files/

It's a perl implementation of the metaphone algorithm and we use it to
map free text values entered via our older annotation tools to ontology
terms vs an OWL or OBO format ontology. The performance depends largely
on how well the ontology is aligned with the input data, for this reason
we developed our own ontology. It's being used in EBI and also by
colleagues at UPenn

Comments and questions welcome, Tomasz Adamusiak is the developer and
cc'd if there are any questions

thanks

Helen

--